Hello from the MTC!
This week has been quite eventful. I really enjoyed the package you sent. I haven't had a chance to wear the PJs- but I will wear them tonight and make sure I get a picture. I've been trying to take more pictures- I am just in the classroom most of the time so it's not too terribly exciting as far as photos go haha. I did take some yesterday, because we were a little bored and Elder Hulet has been taking selfies with everyone and everything- so it was entertaining. The schedule we were given is for a 2 week district, so it's been a little confusing at times- we had like a 2.5 hour block yesterday that just study because we didn't need to do the first week's orientation and didn't have 'in field' orientation like the other district in our zone had.
This week has been quite eventful. I really enjoyed the package you sent. I haven't had a chance to wear the PJs- but I will wear them tonight and make sure I get a picture. I've been trying to take more pictures- I am just in the classroom most of the time so it's not too terribly exciting as far as photos go haha. I did take some yesterday, because we were a little bored and Elder Hulet has been taking selfies with everyone and everything- so it was entertaining. The schedule we were given is for a 2 week district, so it's been a little confusing at times- we had like a 2.5 hour block yesterday that just study because we didn't need to do the first week's orientation and didn't have 'in field' orientation like the other district in our zone had.
After I wrote on Christmas, we
went to a Talent show of sorts- it was hilarious! There were lots of really
awesome pieces- a sister that played a song laying down on the piano bench with
her head under the piano, a magician's act that was absolutely BRILLIANT- he
got a standing ovation. It was mind-blowing- I can't even describe it.
Then we had lunch- it was weird
to have like a "Christmas meal" because that's not something we
really do- i wanted croissants and salmon and shrimp dip hahaha. It was good though.
After lunch was the General
Authority devotional. WE GOT TO HEAR FROM ELDER BEDNAR!!!! Elder Bednar!
It was really unique and so so cool- it was a question and answer session, with
most of the international MTCs in on it too! They passed out cellphones so we
could text our questions to his "magical iPad", and the international
MTCs had an email address. It was so cool- he answered my questions that I
didn't even realize I had. The spirit was so strong and powerful- I absolutely
loved being able to hear from him. I don't have any of my notes with me, but
one of the most awesome things he talked about was the qualities he sees in
the best missionary- the best missionaries are the ones that get over
themselves and get out of the way. I know that is something I will be working
on my whole mission and my whole life, really.
The rest of Christmas was okay-
I am not a jazz-music person, so I didn't enjoy the musical program as much as
I could have (or as much as others i know would have) we had a little later. It
was Brother Ray Smith and his band- he taught (teaches?) at BYU and he is the
director of Synthesis (the BYU Jazz band) and is like internationally renowned
for his jazz work. He played all of the woodwinds- flute, oboe, clarinet, sax,
and... ??? (sorry band kids, i failed you.)
Class this week has been
awesome- we've been learning about the Doctrine of Christ and how it can help
fulfill our investigator's needs. We've been teaching several different
investigators, actually, and it's been so valuable to be able to work with them
and see how much we have improved even in just a week. The people are
wonderful, and I love them so much.
My district is full of
wonderful people- I know the people in New Jersey and Cincinnati Ohio will get
some awesome missionaries. We have gotten super super close, as we've told
crazy stories and laughed together, and learned from each other with our
experiences in the Gospel and from reading in the scriptures. And from sharing
our experiences teaching investigators.
As far as I go, I'm doing well. Its been hard, trying to
adjust to and everything that comes with such a massive change, but the good
kind of hard. I just hope I can get some sleep soon! I'm tired!
I hope everything is well at
home! I love you and miss you bunches!
Love Always, Sister Richmond
Love Always, Sister Richmond
No comments:
Post a Comment