Hello!
So- the nice big email about the week!
Monday night we stayed in the mission home, and did
interviews and some training/orientation. and SLEEP! It was a super long day
and I got like no food until dinner that night- we didn't have time to eat
breakfast and I only had a sandwich on the plane. The food was super yummy.
President and Sister Jeppson are absolutely wonderful.
Tuesday was Transfer conference, it was wonderful to meet
some of the missionaries in the mission. We did some orientation with the
trainers, had some lunch, and then got matched up with our trainers. My
trainer is Sister Pack! She is awesome. We found out within not even 10 minutes
of meeting each other we are both Doctor Who fans. (We were sitting on the
stand, and I saw an elder wearing the Fourth Doctor's scarf and I just kinda
muttered "hey, that's the fourth doctor's scarf" and Sister Pack was
like !!!! and pulled her keys out- she has a sonic screwdriver keychain). We
were meant to be. The rest of transfer conference was pretty awesome, and the
departing missionary number was really cool- "O My Father" sung to
the tune of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." Two of my favorite
hymns. The elder that sang has an amazing voice, and did the first and last
verse in english and the second and third in spanish.
After that was over, we did the mission song, which I guess
you saw. It was fun. Then we got to switch everything(area books, planners,
phones) with the elders who were in the area before, find luggage, and get our
packages (which included the package from Aunt Andrea, and the box of bedding
and the box of books. Everything got there on time!)
Sister Pack and I got doubled-in- both of us are new to the
area. Scary! We are in Secaucus. I'm only saying that because it's such a funny
name. Secaucus. haha. I love it.
The first night, we met with a less-active, and talked with
her a little bit. I didn't say a whole lot- I'm not a talker yet. Still trying
to get comfortable with that. It was great to talk to her and to start getting
to know people. I opened the packages and everything- Sister Pack was a little
creeped out because Andrea sent a sonic screwdriver keychain to me that is
identical to the one she has. It was so coincidental that we both had the same
keychain. It made my day.
Wednesday we met with an investigator family. They are
really sweet. The crazy part of this week involved this family- we were trying
to get them a ride to church! We called so many people, and we finally were
able to get it all to work out. We even found a carseat for the baby. The Lord
definitely helped us, and I am so excited that they were able to be at church.
We met with another investigator as well, who is getting
confirmed soon. He's pretty much awesome. We met with some of the members as
well(who fed us food! yay!), and I'm super excited to work with them. The ward
is super awesome, and there are 4 companionships serving in the ward- 2 sets of
elders and 2 sets of sisters. It's gonna be great!
Also this week, I have been driving. Driving in New Jersey
is definitely a new and totally different experience. I still don't really know
what I'm doing. The roads are narrow and confusing and the signs
are hard to find or read and people just go anywhere and everywhere. It's
quite stressful. I'm gonna come back driving like a maniac (or knowing how to
drive around other maniacs), so I apologize in advance.
I think that about sums up my week.
Love always,
Sister Richmond
No comments:
Post a Comment