Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 7: Bus trip to Weehawken, a New Zone, AND MELTING SNOW!

HELLO! How is everyone doing?! Hope everyone's great!

SO- Where to start?
I mentioned taking the bus in my last email- WHAT AN ADVENTURE! That was crazy. I still can't believe that happened! We got on a bus in Secaucus that took us to Union City, where we got off and got on another bus that took us all the way to Hoboken, where we were confused and wandered a little because we didn't know where the next bus was... then we found the right one and got to Weehawken! Buses are quite interesting. Now that we've figured it out to some extent, we won't have to be stuck in Secaucus anymore on snow days, hahaha. (it took a good 90 minutes to get there though. and even longer getting back, since we had to wait for almost 30 min for a bus that was going into Union City) It's crazy to me that there are like 5 cities in our area, and area-wise it doesn't seem that big. I wonder how big it is compared to Bremerton. I don't know if I've ever really said what cities we cover- we cover Secaucus, Guttenburg (That one's funny- its really tiny. It is like 4 blocks N/S- if you drive from the bottom to the top, you drive in and out in like 5 stop lights), North Bergen, West New York, and parts of Union City and Weehawken. I'm getting to know my way around better, which is nice- I don't feel so constantly lost and confused! 

The transfer conference was apparently quite the big deal- they made a new zone and renumbered all of them. (otherwise zone 12 would have been in middle of zones 1 and 2) Our zone was the one that got reconfigured and split, so that's been fun. We are now the Jersey City Zone! Whoo! Speaking of Jersey City, we got to go into downtown for a meal appt, so that was really different! Jersey City is very densely populated (I think one of the most populated in Jersey?) Lots of very tall buildings, and it was different from our area for sure! 

Towards the end of the week it started getting warm! the snow is melting, and we are super excited about that. We walked around Saturday and Sunday without coats, which was nice. And I haven't worn boots in 2 days- So nice! There is supposedly another storm tomorrow, so that's... well. That's New Jersey. (:

As far as the work goes- it's going! We're teaching, contacting, and working hard. We met the husband of one of our investigators (finally!) and it was great to speak with him and get a better feel for where the family is going, so that was good. He was baptized a couple years ago but travels and works a lot, so we haven't had a chance to meet him until now. We've been working with them since we got in the area, and it's been awesome to learn of their faith and how Heavenly Father has worked in their life. 

We also had several less-actives that we work with at church yesterday- most of them surprised us!- so that was really awesome. It was definitely a blessing, because we weren't expecting it at all. It was wonderful.

Well- I think that pretty much sums up the week! OH! I did make one contact in spanish! haha! That was an adventure. 

Love Always,
Sister Richmond

No comments:

Post a Comment