Hey all! Greetings from the melting pot of the melting pot!
This week was a pretty good one! We had lots of lessons,
lots of miracles, lots of contacts, lots of weirdness, and lots of busyness!
All in a week's work, right?
We finished out our P-day last week by having a girls' day
with the other sisters- Jersey Pizza, popcorn, ice cream, and a movie- we
watched Ephraim's Rescue. It was a great afternoon, and I finally had jersey
pizza! (I guess it's a big thing here, the pizza. I had it twice this week- a
member ordered some for our meal appt. that pizza was even better. but I
digress.)
Tuesday we had zone training, and it was really cool. We did
an object lesson of sorts- where each missionary threw sprinkles, one by one,
onto iced brownies. It was a great way to show that every contact, every effort
we make individually adds up to so much when you combine it with the efforts of
every other missionary.
That night we had a great lesson with one of our
investigators. He is really receptive and understood the Restoration lesson very
well- he had noticed in the Bible that it went from prophet to prophet without
any real explanation of the gaps in time, and he was glad to know that it
wasn't him missing something- it was the cycle of apostasy in the Old
Testament.
Wednesday we visited several people, and visited a woman
that we gave a Book of Mormon to a couple weeks ago. The lesson went well, and
we have another one this week! We think there is a language barrier, so
hopefully we can figure that out and see if she needs the Spanish-speaking
missionaries instead. Gotta love living in such a diverse place!
On Friday we taught two teenage girls, and even though the
lesson got cut short it went good and they are really interested in learning.
ahh! We got 3 new investigators this week, which is AMAZING for us- we are so
excited to have our teaching pool grow and we hope that it continues to grow!
Friday night we had a very interesting encounter- two men
were walking down the street as we were heading back to our car and they
stopped to talk to us. One guy did most of the talking, and the other just kind
of stood there. He had some crazy questions for us, (like where do dogs' souls
go?) and he ended up asking us if we would pray with him. I guess his friend,
who is of some other religion, wouldn't pray with him, so he was surprised when
we said we would. and we said a prayer right there! It was pretty funny-
definitely one of the strange contacts we get once in a while. At least we
understood him- We've had a couple people try to talk to us in Spanish (or
little old ladies yell) but we have no idea what they're saying. Fun stuff!!
Saturday brought one of the most interesting sights I've
seen thus far on my mission- and it really shows how diverse the area is. We
were driving in Union City, and we saw a young Jewish boy walking, (that had
the yarmulke and the curls of an Orthodox Jew), and on the next corner we saw a
mariachi band. Sister Pack and I just kind of looked at each other and laughed-
only in New Jersey!
Yesterday was a great day- we had an awesome sacrament
meeting, and Gospel Principles was fun because you could hear the font filling
for the baptism that was going to take place right after church. Relief Society
was good as well! We talked about families and the temple- my favorite quote of
sorts from that lesson was "I trust him because I have him for
eternity."
The most exciting thing of yesterday was the baptism of an
investigator of the other sisters in the ward. He is a great man- he was
actually a street contact of one of the elders a couple months ago. The man was
singing in the street and Elder Beard was like- I gotta contact this guy! He
talked to him, invited him to church, and the man came to church the next week,
and has been every week since. Two months later, that man entered the waters of
baptism. He has already befriended the entire ward and everyone knows him, and
it was so great to know that he has support already from the ward.
as for the third part of the title- I have included a
picture. I don't know how much explanation I want to include for this, because
the picture really speaks for itself. The zone leaders put our zone goal on
this thing and we have to wear it during nightly planning. That's pretty much
the whole story. I just don't have words. I can't believe I'm even sending
this.
Well, I'm gonna wrap up. I don't have much more to say, and
there's not much I can say that can follow that photo. so- I love you so very
much!!
Love Always,
Sister Richmond

No comments:
Post a Comment