Hello all!! Hope everyone is GREAT! (:
This week has been a bit crazy! I don't have my old planner
(oops) so this will be off memory... ha.
We started off the week with an exchange, which was way fun!
And a little scary- I stayed in the area and led the area while Sister Pack
went to the other area. It was definitely a new experience, leading the area,
and leading the lessons and things like that. It was fun, and Sis. Summers- the
companion I had for the day- is spanish-speaking, which came in handy. We
street contacted a man and I stood there and smiled while she spoke to him in
spanish, and later that night we visited a home of a potential investigator,
and the people who live there now speak spanish as well, so it was really
awesome to have Sis. Summers there.
We taught some awesome lessons this week! One of our
investigators is super ready, and I invited her to be baptized, and she said
yes! I guess I took her by surprise, but she knows she's ready. It was
incredible, and she is absolutely amazing.
We got a fun surprise Friday morning near the end of
studies- the phone starts ringing and it says "President Jeppson" on
the screen. SCARY! Both of us were like whaaaaaaaat!? We had actually talked to
him the night before about some things regarding one of our investigators, and
we kind of thought he was calling about that. No- he was phoning us to call
Sister Pack as a trainer! AHHH! We both didn't really know what to do after
that. With her training, that meant we were getting split up! It's been an
interesting couple of days, trying to get some things done for the new
missionary, and not freak out too much about the fact we aren't going to be
together next transfer. Saturday we were actually supposed to go to Ellis Island,
but instead Sis. Pack went to the trainers' meeting and I went with some other
sisters for the morning. It was fun! (I've been hearing a LOT of spanish this
week- the sisters I stayed with were spanish-speaking, so that was fun. And one
of them leaves this week, and the other came out at the same time as I did, so
it was fun to be with them.)
Saturday night was the Women's Broadcast. That was WAY COOL!
I loved it! Especially the video focusing on the hands. I loved the messages
they shared and just how amazing the women of the Church are.
(I have included the video Sister Richmond is talking about)
Sunday was good, we had a fast and testimony meeting and it
was great! There was also a baptism yesterday after church, it was awesome! It
was a family- the parents were baptized, and they have two young girls that are
4 or 5 or so. It was incredible- the girls were so excited when their parents
were baptized and one of them said "I want to get baptized!!" It was
so cute. That family is really sweet!
On the last Sunday of the transfer, the assistants send out
"transfer texts" to the zone leaders, who then forward them on to us.
That's how we find out if we are getting transferred- that our names are in
that message. So- last night, I was definitely waiting for that transfer text!
(though we were both pretty sure I was leaving. Getting doubled in is hard
enough, let alone with a new missionary. and she did that with me.) Well... I'm
packing my bags up and tomorrow night I will be in a new area with a new
companion. It's crazy!
I'm excited for Transfer Conference tomorrow- they are
crazy and fun and just awesome! :D
I think that's about it for the week! I will have lots to
share next week I'm sure- new area, new companion, new investigators, new
ward... new people!
It's gonna be great, even though I am a little nervous, as
anyone would be.
LOVE YOU ALL!
Love Always,
Sister Richmond
No comments:
Post a Comment