Hey all! Hope everyone had a good week!
This week was a bit crazy. Spent a lot of time inside
because my poor companion had the flu :( she slept and I organized things. Our
supplies look awesome ;) haha anyway, this week was still meeting the people we
work with and getting to know them. It was fun! The people in Sparta are pretty
cool.
We had some fun experiences this week- one day this week we
were visiting several homes trying to come into contact with anyone, really. We
drove to several houses that are way out in the middle of nowhere. One of these
houses we just have this terrible feeling the whole way to the house- it was at
the end of a very long driveway and we just have this feeling, like "we
gotta get out of here!" we finally get to the house and we kinda talk
about it- both of us had that feeling. so we definitely turned around and left.
I don't know (and really, don't want to know) why we weren't meant to visit
that home, but we weren't supposed to be there. Spirit works in funny ways
sometimes, but I am grateful for that prompting.
We also stopped by this house that had alpacas! It was so
funny. Alpacas in New Jersey. only the -what- 3rd weirdest thing I've
seen out here? I don't know. Turns out (one very angry phone call later...)
that the person we were trying to visit hasn't lived there in 3 years and we
need to stop contacting that home. (oops.)
Spring is coming- I am loving the weather here. It has been
getting really warm, and it's nice not to wear sweaters and long sleeves and
thick tights! I know it's going to turn not very fun later this summer, so I am
going to enjoy this nice weather while I can! I am also excited for everything to
start growing- there are so many trees out here but they look sad and pathetic
because they aren't green. (evergreen trees... those are the best. I sure miss
them!) Anyway. (:
So- something super cool came out this week! On wednesday we
get this text from our zone leaders- saying that President had sent us all an
email and that we needed to make time Thursday to go read it. According to
Sister Tueller, that has never happened before, so we were a little intrigued
and worried.
The email explained about an "Easter Initiative" -
making the focus of this week on Christ and what He has done. There is a video
that has been produced- it came out yesterday, and it's called Because of Him.
You can find it at here, and share with the hashtag #becauseofHim. The letter also encouraged that this gets spread EVERYWHERE- share it on Facebook, twitter, google+, blogs- any and all social media. I watched the video this morning, and it is INCREDIBLE. absolutely incredible. I want all of you to watch it this week! Tell me what you think of it.
You can find it at here, and share with the hashtag #becauseofHim. The letter also encouraged that this gets spread EVERYWHERE- share it on Facebook, twitter, google+, blogs- any and all social media. I watched the video this morning, and it is INCREDIBLE. absolutely incredible. I want all of you to watch it this week! Tell me what you think of it.
Another cool thing that the church is doing is that there
will be a homepage ad on Youtube come Easter Sunday- which is also awesome.
There will also be graphics posted related to things that
are possible Because of Him- available on facebook.com/Mormon, twitter.com/mormonorg, and google.com/+Mormon. I hope you check those
out and share them and share what is made possible in your life because of Him.
(and maybe copy some of those graphics into an email and send them my way ;)
So much is possible because of Christ. He has done so much-
no, he has done everything for us. He knows our sorrows and pains, and he knows
our happiness and joy. Our mission monthly scripture for April is Alma 7:11-13.
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions andtemptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succorhis people according to their infirmities.
13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.
I encourage you to read it and think of who Christ is to you.*
I love you all, and hope you have a fantastic week and a
wonderful Easter.
Love always,
Sister Richmond
No comments:
Post a Comment