Hey all! I hope you had a FANTASTIC week! (:
This week was pretty good! I'll start with the miracle
story- because that will take a while to explain! ha!
So- we have this investigator - Rupert- who was a miracle in
the first place. Right before I got into Sparta, the missionaries were sitting
in the shop below our apartment (we use it for lessons and a member does a
bible study class every Friday) and this man just walks in and starts talking
to them. From what I've heard- he laid all of his beliefs on the table and they
fit right in with what we believe. He's had an incredibly hard life. He learned
to read the bible on his own as a young kid because that's all he had. It's
always been him and his bible. He kept meeting with us, and I got to meet him
right after I got into the area. (He's the one that gave me the name
"Quiet Storm")
Then, about 2 weeks ago, we didn't hear from him. We had an
appt and we called him to remind him and his phone was shut off. no voicemail,
no ring, no nothing. No way to contact him. We kept trying his phone and trying
to see if we could spot him around town, and we just lost him. We were
worried!! We even went so far as to check the hospital. The guy was GONE. Dead
for all we knew... :(
Then, on Thursday, we were in that shop again, meeting a
recent convert to talk with her and help her prepare for a mission
(!!!exciting!!!). Sister Tueller is in the closet turning on the lights and I'm
standing in the main room, and this big black guy comes to the door and kinda
looks in- my jaw just dropped and I said RUPERT?! and he comes in with his
buddy and Sister Tueller comes out with just this look of shock and confusion.
RUPERT IS ALIVE! AHHHH! Holy cow- it was so good to see him and to talk with
him and his buddy (who is now an investigator too! whoo!) and to know that he
is okay. Definitely a miracle- Thursday was just full of them. Thursday was one
of those really good missionary days. good lessons, lots of miracles,
and it was just incredible.
Friday we had a zone conference! It was awesome! On the way
there, we ran into the wierdest storm. I was driving along and I kinda look
ahead and I'm super confused because the road looks wet farther ahead- but
there was literally a line where the wet road and dry road met. We get to that
point and there was just this WALL of water! a MASSIVE storm was there and we
literally drove into it. It was SO WIERD! It reminded me of 1 other time that
that has happened- I was in Utah with Aunt Wendy and we drove in and out of a
hailstorm. Nature is sure strange sometimes! From what I've heard, there is
going to be a LOT of rain this week- "torrential downpours" is the
phrase I've heard. EEK! This washingtonian might have to break out an umbrella!
haha.
After the zone conference we went on exchange- I came back
to Sparta with one of the sister training leaders(sister Schwendiman), and
Sister Tueller went to Short Hills Spanish (hahaha) for the exchange. It was
really good, and we taught a doorstep lesson to a really awesome potential
investigator and we did some street contacting and I walked up to this guy on a
bike and asked him if he needed any help, and he turned around and took his hat
off and just kinda laughed- He is another person that has randomly come into
the shop and talked to us. We helped him with his bags and shared a lesson with
him and his wife. He is actually a returned missionary, but has since gone less
active. He is pretty interesting! Lots of ideas. Anyway.
Saturday, we had a service project with one of the members-
he has been helping a neighbor split wood, so that's what we did! Sister
Schwendiman and I helped split and stack the wood. Fortunately, he had a
gas-powered splitter! Otherwise, I don't think I'd be able to move. haha. It
was good to do some heavy lifting and work and to visit a little bit with the
neighbors.
After that, I drove the hour to Short Hills so we could
exchange back, and then I drove back to that member's house for a last minute
ward barbeque! It was really fun!
Yesterday was pretty good, we had ward Conference and the
stake came and had some really good ideas for the ward council and taught
really good lessons in all of the meetings. it was awesome! We then met with
the Relief Society president to talk about visiting teaching- what an
incredible, inspired program! WOW! It is really cool. We met with one of our
investigators, then had dinner with the ward mission leader and his family.
They are awesome! We also made some cards, it was fun to do some crafts! ha.
That's about it for the week! Hope everyone has a good week
this week! We have a surprise birthday party planned for this afternoon for a
couple of the elders, so we are crossing our fingers that everything works out!
Sister Tueller is quite a party planner!
LOVE YOU ALL!
Love always,
Sister Richmond
No comments:
Post a Comment