Hey all!
Hope everyone's had a good week, that you enjoyed
conference, and that you are well!
This week was a crazy one! Transfer Conference was tuesday,
and I am now in Sparta with Sister Tueller. She has been out 1 year longer than
I have, and she's pretty cool!
This area is the complete opposite of my last area. Secaucus
was buildings, shops, people, buses EVERYWHERE.... Sparta is dirt, trees,
winding roads, and deer! (it might be weird that I say dirt, but like all of
Secaucus and that area is just paved. all of it. so much concrete! )haha. I
also went from the smallest zone in the mission to the largest- so there are
lots of people I still need to meet and get to know. Another fun fact about
Sparta is that this was Sister Pack's first area- she served here for 6 months
I think? She had the funniest face when President announced my transfer- she
was pretty excited.
General conference this weekend was really great- except for
1 part. Right as President Monson was beginning his talk in the Sunday Morning
session, the satellite feed cut out and was black for the entire rest of the
time. :( we got to hear like 2 minutes of it- from what Sister Tueller said, it
cut out right as he said "this reminds me of a story.." :( :( :(
Hopefully I get to watch it eventually. It was a big bummer
to miss that talk. I really enjoyed **Elder Ballard's talk, about missionary work
and Preach my Gospel. Seriously- that book is the best.
I don't have many stories for you- this week was just
meeting people and I can't even keep anything straight. OH- I do have
one.
We have this investigator, and he is incredible. He also
likes to give people nicknames, and he picks up on people's personalities
really well. He gave me mine in about 5 minutes- We met him, and were chatting
a little (well, Sister Tueller and he were chatting. I don't say much haha) and
we were getting ready to say the opening prayer and he kinda looks at me and
points at me to say the prayer, so I did. Right after that he starts talking
and is just in awe- He said something like "you are just a quiet storm,
the way you pray." So that's my name from him- Quiet Storm. It's pretty
funny. He's awesome. (:
I hope everyone has a good week, and that you are staying
safe and classy.
Love Always,
Sister Richmond
**if you'd like to view or read any of the General Conference talks - go here, The talk by Elder Ballard is here
"Quiet Storm" reminds me of my mission! There was a sister in my first area that would always call me the "Silent Giant", and say "still waters run deepest". Keep on keeping on!
ReplyDelete