Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Miracles in Sparta!!

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a good week, and that you enjoyed memorial day!

This week in Sparta, the work continues to roll on! LOTS of new investigators to work with, and several less actives that we met this week and we are gearing up to help them come back into full activity. Lots of potential for EVERYONE! WHOO!

We had some incredible miracles this week, holy cow!

Friday-Saturday we were on exchange, and I was in Sparta with Sis. Boudesocque (I bet Kaylee could figure it out... it's french. boo-de-sock) and we exchanged back Saturday morning right before interviews with President! Interviews are awesome- and it's President's last round with us! :( 
We make it back to Sparta, and we are trying to decide whether we do studies first or do some visits first- that was a suuuuuper hard decision. I kept feeling like we needed to head to Blairstown- about a half-hour drive, but we also desperately needed to do studies! We take a leap and head to Blairstown. We had an address for a member who's records had recently shown up in the ward, so that was who we tried. Well- we get there and he opens the door and is excited to see us! he hadn't seen missionaries in over a year, and he's been in the area about that long. We are excited to work with him, and to hopefully help his family as well. it was just an incredible miracle because he had just barely gotten ready to head out for his daughter's sweet 16. if we had been much later we would have missed him. it was awesome!

The other one came Sunday after church. Our relief society president had given us the names of several sisters she's been trying to find/contact. We go out way far away and visit one, no luck, come back with the intent of visiting a specific one in a high rise, but we stopped and tried another on the way- that was inspired! When we got to the high rise, we kind of went to go in but we stopped to talk to a couple with a young son outside, to ask where the apt might be. turns out, we didn't have the full apt number- we knew apt y, but not which floor. We then asked if they happened to know the person we were looking for, and it turns out that it is her step-mom! so she walked us up to the apt, we met her step mom, and then we actually had an absolutely incredible, spiritual lesson. The mom was fine with setting an appt and having us leave, but the daughter wanted her to share about what had been going on. I finally just said- if we need to go somewhere else to talk we can. So we did- and they told us about some of the struggles they've been through as a family, and we were able to share an incredible message with them. They are both looking forward to learning more! the step-mom is one we will continue to visit, but the daughter lives in the elders' area. they are both incredible people, and they have such amazing faith.

This month, as a mission, we've been focusing on Faith. And goodness- how my faith has grown! I have grown so close to my Heavenly Father and I am able to see miracles happen in our area because of our increased faith and trust in God. I really feel like I understand faith so much better, and I realize now that I do have a lot of faith- I don't know if that's something I could truly say before. I have faith that this area will progress, I have faith that we will be protected, guided, and inspired as to what to do and what to say. Faith brings incredible blessings, I am so grateful for the principle of faith and the opportunities I have every day to exercise faith and to act on that faith. 

I love you all, and I hope you have an incredible week!
 Love always, 
Sister Richmond

Morgan also sent some random pictures - so here they are -
Last day in Secaucus... :(


Elder Bell. I really don't have any words. He was my first district leader!

​Jersey City District! This pretty much sums us up. hehe. Elders Beard and Bell, and (Left to right) Sisters Dotson, Porter, Richmond, Pack, Stansel, and Gimenes. 
 
the pineapple I got a couple weeks ago from Sister Coulam and Sister Quinlan 
Our apartment while Sister Tueller tried to pack stuff up to send home... this is what our apt looked like for a couple days, especially once we knew she was getting transferred... :D 
one of the bajillion lakes we drive by

No comments:

Post a Comment