Hey everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic week, and that
a sufficient number of you geeked out yesterday. We got a text right before
studies yesterday saying "happy star wars day! May the Fourth be with
you!" haha Elders. It was funny. (:
This week has been a different one! Lots of strange stuff
going on! We had a surprise birthday party for some elders in our zone, and it
turned out pretty well! (Though, now, I have some major trust issues with
balloons. Haha. I can't blow up balloons anymore - one exploded in my face and
hit my eye. YOWCH!) We played soccer outside- it was gorgeous! And we had a lot
of fun and laughs, and played dodge ball as well - we are one competitive
zone!
Tuesday was district meeting, as usual. Awesome meeting! The
senior couple in our zone provides meals every so often, and they fed us some
awesome funeral potatoes and salad. They actually left this morning for Idaho-
they are done with their mission. :( They are pretty awesome, and senior
couples are incredible!
Right after district meeting some Sisters that we talk to a
lot - they're in our district, and we're pretty close - told us to follow them
right after district meeting. Needless to say, Sister Tueller and I were pretty
confused!!! We end up at a grocery store, and they tell us to wait in the car
while they run inside. We are wiggin' out a little - but the Sisters come back
out and come to my door, and are like okay - we have something for ya! Then they
pull out a box of pop'ems for my companion, and then they said "for Sister
Richmond..." and they pull out a PINEAPPLE! What! It was SO CRAZY! I was
extremely confused, but it was really funny and now I have a pineapple. I need
to cut it up (well, figure out how to cut it up) and eat it! Ha! A pineapple!
Later that day we went and visited Maureen, she is an
investigator of ours that's dealing with a lot of issues. We talked a little
bit, tried to help her, and she was talking about eyes and painting and about
what she tries to paint in eyes. I look her right in the eye, and say something
along the lines of "you know what I see when I look into your eyes? An
INCREDIBLE woman, a woman who can truly do this." And I shared that I've
been struggling with some things and she looks at me and says "Hold on, I'll be
right back." And she goes into the back room. Sister Tueller and I look at each
other and kinda shrug and say, okay. She comes back with a little box, and she
opens it and pulls out a rock. She tells me a little about this rock - that it
fits perfectly in your hand, and that when she holds onto this rock she can
feel the strength of God - that He created it and made it and that it's
incredible. She then hands that rock to me, and closes my hand around it. That
rock really does fit right in your hand - it's the perfect shape. I'll get a
picture... eventually. I will also bring it home with me, since she gave it to
me. It was incredible. I love Maureen! She's awesome.
I've heard some great quotes this week- "when
autocorrect doesn't know what you're saying, it's a bad day." (Sister
Tueller asks me how to spell stuff. Ha.)
The other quote requires a little context - I think. I don't
know how much context would really help, haha. We were visiting with William,
our investigator, and kinda talking about Newton and how it is, and then he
said "Newton is the hood in the woods." Sister Tueller and I about
died laughing - IT IS SO TRUE! Newton really is the hood in the woods. There's
some crazy stuff that happens here, and its a little town out in the boondocks
of Jersey and it's surrounded by trees. Newton is awesome. Man.
I think that about sums up my week, other than a crazy
contact that pretty much proposed to us... whoohoo! The joys of talking to
everyone you meet. Yay!
Hope you all have a good week, enjoy the weather (or don't
get wet, whichever it does) and have a fantastic Mother's Day! Love you all!
Love always,
Sister Richmond
No comments:
Post a Comment