Hello all! Happy father's day!
So- What a WEEK! HOLY COW! We've been busy!
(this whole email will probably be about the baptism,
because that's pretty much what we did. all week. so. you've been warned! :D)
So- last friday, we started meeting with Donna, an
absolutely amazing woman who has been investigating for some time. She had
actually been to church twice already, with her son, Billy, who is a member.
While we met with her, they mentioned that they wanted to have the baptism
before Victor left for his mission (Billy's best friend and one who is close to
Donna.) Victor... left today! So we definitely had some work to do! We went
over the general things that needed to be done- Word of Wisdom, that kind of thing-
and she agreed to stop ALL OF IT. COLD TURKEY. She is one determined woman!!
That's for sure!
We met with her almost every night this week, trying to get
her prepared and make sure she is actually ready. Ran into some stumbling
blocks, but it all turned out- we found out officially on Friday morning a
little before 9 AM that the baptism was approved and we could move forward, and
we had the baptism on Saturday night! BWAH! We somehow managed to pull together
an interview, cleaning and filling the font, getting people invited, a program
set and made, and preparing for talks, filling out paperwork, making sure we
had suits... I know there is stuff we're forgetting!
(Cleaning and filling the font was an interesting task.
there were a couple of big nasty spiders and some other creepy crawlies in
there. and Sister Taylor refused... so I got to do it. that font is clean! I
scrubbed it! in a SKIRT! haha. and filling it is another story- to do it right
it takes like 2 hours and we got there late so we had an hour and a half... we
were boiling water and trying to figure out what to do, but the elders and
Bishop showed up and they figured it out.)
Anyway. shall we skip to the pictures? haha I don't even
know what to write anymore. my brain is so jumbled from all the craziness and a
super busy P-day.
Left to right: Billy, Victor, Donna, and Sisters Richmond and Taylor
Donna has some back issues, so Billy and Victor were both in the font to help baptize her. Billy, her 18 year old son, actually performed the ordinance. it was incredible!
Donna and her "girls!"
I'm so sorry the email is short and jumbled- we are limited
on time because we have an appt to get to for Sister taylor to get her hair
done...
speaking of which- notice anything different about my hair?
(: we both dyed our hair this week. I dyed it darker on Tuesday.. that was an
adventure for SURE! HOLY COW! I know you can't see my hair too well here- and
it's not that much different. BUT I LOVE IT! Sister Taylor can't get over it!
Hope you all have a great week! love you all!!
Love Always,
Sister Richmond



No comments:
Post a Comment