Monday, June 30, 2014

Sister Richmond is in Rutherford!

Hey all! Hope you had a great week!

This week has been crazy! lots of adventures to tell you about!!

Getting to transfer conference was an adventure, hahaha. Since Sister Taylor had to be at the mission home for a trainers' meeting (her trainee is darling) , I ended up being companions with my sister training leader, Sister Schwendiman. She's hilarious and a good friend, and we had some adventures getting to conference! We left from the mission home, went to her apartment to pack up all of her companion's stuff in the car, then we were going into Newark to meet a group of missionaries for lunch. However, on our way there I had realized I left my blazer in her apartment, so we turn around, and start hearing this really weird thumping sound... I kinda look in the mirror but can't really see anything except the tire seemed to be bulging a little bit. We make it back to our apartment, and check the tire. Come to find out, our tire was FLAT! (and I had noticed a hubcap in the street a little earlier, and we realized it was ours.) We change the tire like a BOSS and we get on the road again- and we stopped to pick up the hubcap. adventure 1 of the week!

Transfer conference was fun- I am now in Zone 1, so I was super shocked when my name was called really early in the conference! My companion is pretty much my twin- Sister Shiman. we are both into the same foods (which, honestly, is the only thing we care about being similar in, haha), we are both the first ones in our families to serve missions- first Shiman and first Richmond! We get along super well and it's gonna be AWESOME! Also- she's younger in the mission than I am! what! Other fun facts about transfers: my district leader actually stayed the same! he got moved into the same zone and even the same branch! also- I'm in a branch now! WHOO! and my area is definitely city! it's very diverse, and pretty similar to Secaucus. It's so crazy that it borders my first area! (it actually borders Sister Shiman's first area too. haha)

Wednesday was district meeting then a normal proselyting day, so that was fun to get to meet some of the people.  thursday was weekly planning, and walking day! got to explore Rutherford a little bit, and meet more people. Friday was SUPER busy, we contacted several people, finally got groceries (there's this place called Aldi and its literally my new favorite place ever. We went today and got a lot of food for super cheap. it's a missionary's BEST FRIEND.) and had coordination with the branch mission leader, who is super cool (and korean. whoo!) and there was a miracle that night as well- we were driving in Passaic and Sister Shiman practically yells- she says THAT'S EDWARD!!! Edward is a homeless guy that is super prepared, but they'd been looking for him for a while and we came across him! we definitely pulled over and talked to him!

AHH! I just realized I have just 8 minutes left. these silly computers only let us on for 45 minutes :( the library that lets us stay longer had no power today... merp

Saturday we did some contacting in Passaic- its a major hispanic area so that was fun. We found this awesome new investigator, hopefully we can see her this week! We had an awesome street lesson with her and she is super prepared! all of this area is super prepared- we are going to turn this branch into a WARD! WHOO!

I'm super stoked to be in Rutherford, and its a really pretty area. We actually saw some fireworks on Saturday night. (and I can't see NYC from here... :( ) little too far inland I think.

other random things that have happened this week:
my companion got licked by a little girl (haha)
I drove a subaru. those are nice cars- i like it a lot! reminds me of the malibu!
We have a marinia - haven't visited it yet though.
my comp plays flute like a pro
my comp is not from utah! she's from California

New address: 40 Jackson Ave #2, Rutherford, NJ 07070 (coolest zip ever)

I love you all, and i'm sorry I can't write more!

Mackenzie Joy- I love you and I am so excited for your baptism this week! I hope it is a GREAT day, and I know it will be!

Love always,
Sister Richmond

No comments:

Post a Comment